sparc (sun4u) installation report

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 02:45:30PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I built my own tftpboot.img using boot-floppies 3.0.21 source, and
> everything works.  I do not know whether this was a bug in 3.0.20 that is
> now fixed, or if something went wrong when the 3.0.20 images were built.

The only other mishap during installation was that the 'Configure device
drivers' step did not work, presumably because I was using a different
kernel for the installation.  This was non-critical for my installation,
since I didn't need any additional drivers, and I just skipped that step.

Everything else went according to plan, and the system was up and running
woody without a problem once I was able to boot the installer.

--
 - mdz