Re: error when installing the base system

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 12:51:35PM +0100, Felix Zimmermann wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 09:28:06PM +0100, Felix Zimmermann wrote:
> > I have a problem: When Debian starts to install the base system, it says:
> >
> > could not download ppoeconf.
>
> >Did you use basedebs.tar?  A CD?  Or via the network?
>
> I bought my Debian System from the german shop www.liniso.de.
> Its the Debian 3.0 pre "woody" including 8 CDs.
>
> I searched every cd for a source called basedebs.tar but i cannot find it.
> May it be, that the cds are not correctly burned?

If you install from CD, basedebs.tar isn't required.

pppoeconf is unpacked by debootstrap, but isn't included on the
first CD.  I'll contact the debian-cd folks about fixing this.

The simplest workaround is to install base via the network.  Let
us know if that isn't acceptable.

Matt