Re: Install dialogs

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 10:30:13AM -0500, Narins, Josh wrote:
> Hello Debian folks.
>
> Just a quick suggestion/complaint.
>
> The install disks basically suggest creating a 5-10MB /boot partition, which
> has always worked for me in the past.

However, that suggestion is specific for i386 computers. Did it slip
into the powermac section somehow? For MewWorld powermacs, the
recommendation is to use an 800k bootstrap partition which only holds
the bootloader, and keep your kernels in /boot on your root partition.

> I recently installed Debian on a NewWorld Power Mac from CD, which uses
> kernel-image-2.4.18-newpmac
>
> I then updates my /etc/apt/sources.list to testing, and tried 'apt-get
> install kernel-image-2.4.19-powerpc'
>
> The combination of the two kernel images do not, I repeat, do not fit in a
> 10MB /boot partition.

Sorry for your misunderstanding. Can you locate the problem in the
powerpc install manual?

|                  To HAVE, GIVE all TO all (ACIM)               |