Re: [important] CVS-generated email shouldn't go here

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:10:47PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> > debian-boot-cvs, by analogy with debbugs and www?
>
> No -- again, debian-installer_cvs@packages.qa.debian.org. Managed by
> the PTS system.

So ... asking as a BTS admin, where should bug reports for the d-i
packages be cc'ed? Also installer notifications. It seems strange for
them to be cc'ed to anything other than
debian-installer_cvs@packages.qa.debian.org in this case - after all,
the PTS was in large part conceived as a way to get around the fact that
the BTS doesn't have any other subscription mechanism (although it
broadcasts katie's notifications too). In that case, we would have to
start maintaining a source override for every d-i .udeb. But the bug
reports should probably still go to debian-boot, so I'm now confused
about how this fits into the way the PTS is used elsewhere.

Raphael, you'd have to add support for a debian-installer_cvs
pseudo-source-package to the PTS manually, I suppose. Would it work?
How? What would the web pages say for it?

> No mail lists to setup.

I'm not sure using the PTS comes out as less work, infrastructurally
speaking ... it seems like a mailing list done the hard way.

Cheers,