Re: CVS location for dselect documentation for beginners

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:15:32PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Is anyone responsible for the rewrite of the install manual for d-i?
> > I'd prefer not to take it since I'd like to put my attention on
> > developers-reference, doc-base, and my bugs for a while...
>
> Chris Tillman did the large amounts of work on the current install manual,
> IIRC, he might be interested in this.

Welcome back, Adam!

I'm still lurking around, but I probably would need help setting up
the build framework etc.  Osamu may be able to help with that.

ATM d-i is not buildable on powerpc, which I would need to get started.

OTOH Osamu imported the progeny manual into debiandoc, and that may
make a good template for the install manual, at least of the GUI
installer we will eventually have. We might want to split the manual
up into GUI and non-GUI pieces, to make it simpler for the GUI people.
The GUI portion should have screenshots, which is handled awkwardly
with debiandoc - I think that might really make XML look attractive.

|                  To HAVE, GIVE all TO all (ACIM)               |