simple question about installer

  Hello,

I have a simple question.
Mandrake (for exemple) have a very good, pretty and simple to use installer
which users love.
Mdk's installer is in GPL.

I know that :
- Debian have an another (but quite similar) OS vision
- Debian support more archs and want some other options at install
- There are some little bugs in Mdk installer
- Mdk's installer is based on libraries that Debian don't want to install and
is written in Perl.

but why don't use some parts of their code/algo in order to keep time and keep
Mdk's installer good features (hardware detection, X configuration,...).

Please don't flame me, I'm quite newbie for your installer, I just want to
understand.

Thanks,
  Florent