Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:44:19AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Junichi Uekawa
>
> | > Let's first have a working installer on at least a few arches before
> | > walking down that road.  However, it is a problem which I was notified
> | > of a few days ago: d-i relies heavily on devfs and, well, 2.4 doesn't
> | > work on m68k and it doesn't look like it will in the foreseeable
> | > future.  So, help with getting this worked out will be appreciated.
> |
> | I have an impression that 2.4 doesn't (still) work on sparc32 either.
>
> I have SS10s running 2.4 happily, so whoever told you that was wrong,
> it seems. :)

On the other hand, _I_ have a netra (SS5 sun4m) that can't even get
past the PROM screen when trying to boot a 2.4 kernel.

Oh well :)

  See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't create
  jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or something.  But
  the government will spend it, thereby creating jobs.
          -- Dave Barry