Trouble with CD-Rom / Debian Installation

Hello, I am attempting to install Debian for the first time, have limited linux knowledge. I don't know how I can get my CD-Rom mounted or installed or whatever, in order to copy the files from the CD's to my hard-drive. I have a periphery cd-rom (Panasonic CR-562), and I know I have to use the sbpcd driver, my question is, how do I do this? After wrapping my brain around this, I think I have to do something when the installation program says 'pre-load modules' but it asks for a disk.

oh, and I don't know my IRQ address or base I/O, is there any easy way to figure this out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason