Re: help needed for the installer?

* Jan Vidar Krey

| I have skills in C/C++ and have been playing around with the debian boot
| system/installer lately (a lot with the initrd-tools).
| Perhaps I can help improve the installer. Any pointers on where to start?

check out from CVS, read the docs, build it all and try to install.
That should give you a little show on where we are now, and how it all
fits together.

I've written a short blurb on http://raw.no/d-i/getting_started.html

| Have you started working on a graphical installer, or is it not
| interresting (I have a few ideas on this :)?

There some thoughts underway for making a graphical frontend, but
nothing is ready yet.  I guess those who play around with it can tell
you about the current status?  mbc?

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-