Re: [d-i][patch] cdebconf and localized fields

*  (Denis Barbier)

| On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 01:20:53AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
| > I am going to hack cdebconf in order to support UTF-8 encoded localized
| > templates files.  As I am new to cdebconf, I prefer posting an early
| > patch, which is not tested, breaks modules (the template structure is
| > altered), etc.  But at least there is a clean interface with localized
| > fields, and fixing the rest of the code should not be that hard.
| > Is it the way to go, or is this patch fully wrong?
|
| Okay, I fixed everything but wonder how to test it.  It looks like
| I need config and db files before being able to play with templates.
| Would it be possible to have sample files in the CVS?

build cdebconf using

./configure --with-frontend=text --with-db=rfc822db
--with-conffile=./cdebconf.conf

and just run make

then enter the src/test directory, copy ../cdebconf.conf to ., change
it to use ./templates.dat and ./questions.dat.  run
../debconf-loadtemplate foo $templatefile and then finally ../debconf
$configscript.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-