Re: Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1

Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:28:51PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1
> > =====================================
> >
> > An up-to-date version is at <http://master.debian.org/~joey/3.0r1/>.
> >
> > I am preparing the first revision of the current stable Debian
> > distribution (woody) and will infrequently send reports so people can
> > actually comment on it and intervene whenever this is required.
>
> I'd really like to see boot-floppies 3.0.24 for m68k on this release. The
> current version can not be installed by users with SCSI CD-Roms due to
> missing device files. Of course they can be created by-hand, but thats a
> major inconveniance, this seems to have become the new m68k FAQ.
>
> My latest build at:
> http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies/current/
>
> has been tested by several users on Amigas and Macs, the problem is solved
> and no major problem has come up so far. Can the stable boot-floppies
> manager please upload 3.0.24?
> If not, can we include 3.0.24 for m68k? Probably not...

There were rumors already that a new boot-floppies package would be
required for an updated stable.  However, since it needs to be built
on 11 architecures and tested on all of them, this requires some
time.  I'd be more happy to stall boot-floopies for the r1 update and
include it in the r2 update which I hope to prepare for mid of
January.

I'd also like to see a list of problems in the current stable
boot-floppies package that have to be fixed in an update.

I started such a list with the item from above and will probably
continue to maintain it if people send me updates.  The list is online
at:

http://master.debian.org/~joey/3.0r1/boot-floppies.txt

Regards,

	Joey

--
Every use of Linux is a proper use of Linux.  -- Jon "Maddog" Hall