udeb building in pbuilder fails?

Hello.

I'm preparing brltty 3.1 right now.  This upload will
include a brltty-udeb too.  I copied the necessary
stuff from other udebs as example, and building with dpkg-buildpackage
works just fine.  I get a brltty.deb and a brltty-udeb.udeb.

Now, I wanted to safetycheck this upload, and built using
pdebuild.

This fails with some strange error, and I have no idea
why the pbuilder build should react differently then the dpkg-buildpackage
build.  Does anyone have any hints?

Here is the error I get when using pdebuild:

dh_builddeb -pbrltty-udeb --filename=brltty-udeb_3.1-1_i386.udeb
        dpkg --build debian/brltty-udeb ../brltty-udeb_3.1-1_i386.udeb
dpkg-deb: building package `brltty-udeb' in `../brltty-udeb_3.1-1_i386.udeb'.
 dpkg-genchanges -mnobody@nowhere
dpkg-genchanges: warning: duplicate files list entry for package brltty-udeb (line 2)
dpkg-genchanges: warning: package brltty in control file but not in files list
dpkg-genchanges: warning: package brltty in control file but not in files list
dpkg-genchanges: warning: package brltty in control file but not in files list
dpkg-genchanges: warning: package brltty in control file but not in files list
dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
dpkg-genchanges: failure: cannot open upload file ../brltty-udeb_3.1-1_i386.deb for reading: No such file or directory
pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package

I'm hesitant to upload, because I suspect the same error
will happen with the autobuilders too...

--
CYa,
  Mario