Shell and frontend.

As I'm currently organising two sparcs for testing the debian-installer
on it, and perhaps test the gtk-frontend if I have time, I wanted to ask
how the shell-menuitem is supposed to work.

Do I understand correctly, that it will only work on a text-console and
not with some x-server started?
I something planned to have an shell-menuitem that would work under
severall frontends?
(This seems somehow like something to be implemented in the frontend.
 Otherwise I can only imagine the package to only show the item if
 a supported frontend is running)

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)