Re: [d-i] Testing po-debconf

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 11:25:30PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 10:10:12PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> [...]
> > The server part debconf is still in beta test and only some beta
> > translators are translate some templates now.
> >
> > But you can test it yourself:
> >  - see the png's on http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/stats/
> >  - send a mail with 'GET 1 de' as subject to debconf@ddtp.debian.org for
> >    a untranlated template
> >  - or 'REVIEW 1 de' as subject to debconf@ddtp.debian.org for a review
> >    of a translated template.
> >
> > It will work like the translation of the package descriptions.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> Who send bugreports to the BTS?

We must still decide this.

But IMHO the best way is: the server make translated templates files and
put this files online. The package maintainer can download this file and
maybe we get a dh_get_debconf_files_from_ddtp like tool.

I don't like to flood the BTS with bug reports. Maybe the server should
only send bug reports to the BTS if a template file is full translated
and reviewed into some languages.

> Is Description the only translated field?

today yes. But a make a concept to change this. I need only some time
and I must code this. (But this is not a big problem. Only some
templates have other files, and only few of this files are
translateable.)

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
«Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if i