RE: LILO fails

Hi all!

First, thanks to David Kimdon for pointing out the docs, I tried as best as I could to fix it but alas! I gave it up in the end.

Now I´ve restored the MBR with a DOS floppy/fdisk, and boot linux from a floppy. (Thanks to whoever put the "fdisk /mbr" tip in the man page for grub!)

I´m beginning to believe that no-one ever really put much effort into writing a bootloader that can handle modern hard disks.

I´ll just stick to my boot floppy (or maybe try the entirely different alternative that´s available to us who, for one reason or another, hold on to MS: loadlin) until someone does.

(No, I won´t volunteer to do it unless I win a lottery and get rich - I work with programming all day and when I get home, more programming is not exactly what I long for...)

Keep on hacking out there!

/Christer