Cross-Installation for Target Machines

Hello Debian Hackers,

is it possible with the current set of tools to
install debian cross hardware platform ?

Example: I have a intel/AMD PC running as host and
boot server. I have a net bootable kernel for SPARC
and I want to create a valid "woody" basic installation
on a NFS-ROOT exported file system, example
`/export/rootfs/<hostname>/woody' (= root fs).

A usage of debootstrap can only cross-install on the
same target arch, as after chroot is done, the tools
are not usable.

Thanks
Christoph P.

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at