Re: shell in debian-installer, building without network-connection

* "Bernhard R. Link"

| When I try to start "3. Execute a shell" and pressing enter to get
| behind the cdebconf-notice I get a
| "postinst exited with status 65280".
|
| It works well when calling
| tmp/tree/var/lib/dpkg/info/di-utils-shell.postinst
| so I first suspected some problem with library reduction, but
| running "make demo" seem to work, too.

Sounds strange.  if you switch to vt2 and try the shell there, does it
work properly?  Did you build everything out of CVS or where did you
get the packages from?

| Another difference between chroot and running in bochs are a number
| of "kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k net-pf-1, errno=2"
| lines before and after the "init started: BusyBox..."

know issue, since the kernel doesn't include unix sockets.  It should
probably be told to shut up, though.

| BTW, as my university lost internet-connecting while I was experimenting
| I modified build/Makefile to add a option for not calling apt and only
| taking things out of localudebs:

[snip patch]

looks ok to me -- what do others think?

                                                                      `. `'