Hello team ...please help me

Hello. My name is ramy.

I am trying to install Debian Gnu/Linux on my pentium machine. SO i've got all the installation floppies but when I insert the rescue disk I get the following message

Boot failed: please change disks and pres a key to continue

(At this point I replace the rescue disk with the boot disk and press enter).

(AND THEN THIS HAPPENS IN AN INFINITE LOOP!!!!!):

AX:0212
BX:6e00
CX:5001
DX:0000

WHAT IS GOING oN? More importantly, how do i fix it?

My machine does have large memory on it (1.2 gb) and I've tried to give the command mem=512.THis didn't work. I am using the "vanilla" flavour...i think... and running the 1.2 floppy disk image.

Your help is greatly appreciated team.
Ramy.