Re: Debian network installation on IBM RS/6000 44P-170 (POWER3) - HOWTO

Hi Rolf

My 44p-170 is now booting (thanks to you and German for your work !!) and
i could install debian.

My Problem now is my graphic-adapter. I have a GTX3000P PCI Card inside
my RS6000. When i use the console over the serial Interface to a second
my Linux-Labtop, everything works. But when i use the internal VGA Adapter
as the console, short after loading the kernel, the screen gets white and then
2 black rectangles in the left and right corners appear. In each of these
rectangles you see the console, but you can not read anything.
It looks like a synchronisation problem. I tried 2 TFT-Monitors and 3
Mulitsync CRT Monitors. Nothing works.

Do you have any Idea how i could solve this ? Maybe there is a
Kernel Parameter or something like this ?

Thanks in Advance

Daniel

Daniel Buergin
CREDIT SUISSE FINANCIAL SERVICES