network hardware issues

This morning I made a floppy using "make boot_floppy" in the build dir. Here are some issues.

1. The new "execute a shell" becomes default after "finish debian installer setup". Seems to me like it should never be default. 2. Setup static network and setup dhcp network both come before "configure network hardware" but don't work until the hardware has been configured.
3. When setting up the network hardware, I get:

"modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-1"

many times and

"intaller[404]: modprobe can't locate module rtl8139"

So maybe this module is just missing, or maybe lots of them are missing. I'll try another machine and let you know.

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi