Re: Anyone actually using autopartkit v0.2?

Le Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 06:33:20PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen écrivait:
> Is there anyone actually using the version in Debian CVS, or is it OK
> for me to just replace it with the skolelinux version?  The Skolelinux
> version is not able to present a question about which device to use,
> but will nuke all partition tables on all disk before it repartitions.
> It is on the other hand in daily use in the Skolelinux project. :-)

Duh ! It's not acceptable I think. A partitionner that kills everything
in your system is of use to a very limited set of users. Questioning
what part of the system it can take over is way better.

Instead of merging both version, you may simply want to add that feature
in your autopartkit and then replace the one we have in CVS ... :-)

And yes the autopartkit with the questions is used by the french
debian-educ distribution (in fact it was the old autopartkit for parted
1.4 but it's almost the same code base).

Cheers,
--
Raphaës Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com