Re: Addition to choose-mirror template

* Junichi Uekawa

(please respect my Mail-Copies-To: never _and_ my Mail-Followup-To
_and_ the Developers Reference which tells you not to Cc on postings
to mailing lists)

| > |
| > | I think they need to be written in latin-1, and then converted to UTF-8
| > | possibly in the build scripts.
| >
| > uhm, why?
|
| Aren't there already packages which are producing debs and udebs at
| the same time ?

Yes, there are.  IDSTR any of them having any templates.

| If so, they probably want UTF-8 and non-utf-8 versions of templates,
| and since non-utf-8 templates predate utf-8 templates (which probably do not
| exist yet), for compatibility, including utf-8 templates in source are "bad".

Then they can convert those on build, when installing them into the
udeb.  Or dh_installdebconf can be fixedhacked to DTRT for udeb
templates.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-