Re: Possible Corrupt File On Mirrors

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 12:12:29PM -0400, b bronnenberg wrote:
> > > Not to be a bother, but I think you may have a corrupt file on the
> > > mirrors.  While doing a netinstall, it gets to the point where it
> > > downloads 'debian/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.2.5-6_i386'  The install
> > > proram then tells me that file is corrupt.  I tried the main mirrors
> > > in the US, UK, FR, and JP.  Same result everytime.
> >
> > Does your ISP perhaps run a transparent proxy that could mess with the
> > file?
>
> Nope.  I am on a plain old SDSL line.  It downloads the rest of the files
> before that one without a problem.

Well, it doesn't get corrupted when I try it from here:

% wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.2.5-6_i386.deb
% md5sum libc6_2.2.5-6_i386.deb
d15fc9c0e770728f580f934d36aeaf9f  libc6_2.2.5-6_i386.deb
% wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Packages
% grep-dctrl -F Package -X libc6 -s Md5sum -n < Packages
d15fc9c0e770728f580f934d36aeaf9f

That seems to be the same checksum.

What is the exact error message from the install program that complains
about it?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.