error message

Hi I’m trying to install debian on a Compaq deskpro and I keep getting an error message.  The initial boot screen comes up and I hit enter, but when it starts a boot failed error comes up tells me to put in another disk and hit a key.  Then after I do that it says dhcp mac address: gives me a mac address and says press escape to skip network boo.  On the next line it says BOOTP…then I get a message that says could not find ip address or dhcp.  I’m not sure on the last error message it goes by pretty fast and then reboots.

Any help would be great thanks, I will keep looking for an answer as well,

Nick