Installation problem

Hi.

I'm having difficulties getting Debian 2.2rev6 installed onto a rather old system (Pentium 100MHz, 64MBram, ~1GBhd, 8xCDROM). I boot from the CD set which I've downloaded and burned onto CD-Rs. The partitioning and configuration of partition mount points is fine, and after it when I signal a go to begin the installation of the modules, the installer promts me to insert the CD-ROM. When I do so and the installer commences, the following message soon appears:

Installing Drivers from:
/instmnt/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/drivers.tgz

At this, my CD drive clicks and hisses for a while, then stops altogether and the installation is stuck. Nothing more happens and the system won't respond to any keystrokes, nor anything else for that matter except a system reset.

If anyone has any concrete tips on how I might get around the problem I'd be thankful. Even if not, maybe it's a problem you should look into so it at least is fixed until the next release. There might be a problem with my CD drive, but I consider that somewhat unlikely since 1) I've succeded in getting so far, and 2) I've succeded in installing SOT Linux/BestLinux from it before.

Regards,

Ludvig Svenonius