PGI and boot-floppies together

Hi Branden!

As I would really like to give our readers choice of the installer
I continue the work on understanding and using PGI (+BF).
I've read all the http://hackers.progeny.com/pgi/guide/ and I have
a couple of questions.

Can I build woody's CDs using unstable system? (If the answer isn't
"it should just build OK" - what to do to accomplish it? It's hard
for me to find woody machine ATM and the situation doesn't seem to
be going to change)

I want the kernel PGI uses for installation to be standard 2.4.18-386
kernel. However I am unable to run depmod to get proper depends for it,
cause: my currently running kernel is non standard and depmod fails for
about 30 modules (Unresolved symbols). I am afraid it can affect
installation CDs - ?

How do I create debian-archive-mirror to which I should point pgi with
--build-mirror ?

pgi-build seems to not recognize --misctmpdir and --output !

can --output be on NFS? of is it mounted on loop during the CD creation
process?

First step for me is to create PGI-based CDs and try them. If everything
is OK I will want to have both installers on those CDs, maybe:
- boot-floppies (a few flavours) on the first CD
- PGI on the #2 CD

Is it possible to do? I saw --with-debian-debootstrap option and I
belive it should be used? Is it tested option? Will it work?
If it's not possible to get such dual-installer setup with resonable
amount of work - please tell me now, I'll just skip the idea of having
such a great and easy installer as PGI as an option.

I Cc:ed debian-boot list, but I would feel more comfortable if I could
discuss it on debian-pgi list - is there such?

Best regards

					Grzegorz Prokopski

PS: For those who don't know: I am preparing press release of Debian
Woody for Polish Debian users. We will also include full binary CD set
and (as we want to get some new users that use RH/Mdk/whatever ATM)
ability of the installer choice would be BIG adventage.

However we want to release ASAP once woody is released, so the time is
a bit short.