Traditional Chinese release notes troubles

Greetings,

I have finished translating woody release notes into traditional
Chinese (zh_TW), however I ran into problems when trying to actually
build the documents.  The problem seems to be:

echo "<!entity % lang-$(LINGUA) \"INCLUDE\">" >> $@

from the Makefile in the documentation tree.  As traditional Chinese
locale (as used in Taiwan) is designated zh_TW, the resulting entry
in the .ent file would be:

<!entity % lang-zh_TW "INCLUDE">

which does not appear to be legal in SGML.  As I know little SGML
myself, I would really appreciated if somebody could come up with a
workaround, probably by changing the way the Makefile works.

Regards,

--
Chuan-kai Lin