Installation screen proposal (was Please test this woody cd image)

Hello,

When booting the Woody CD you are presented to the information screen
giving general information and ways to get help, etc _before_ choosing
which kernel to boot.

After choosing kernel and booting, however, you immediately get to the
'Choose language', 'Choose Language Variant' and 'Release Notes'
screens without any means to back out, correct mistakes etc. Finally
after the first four screens you enter the 'Installation Main Menu'.

I have the following proposal of an additional installation screen, as
follows:

After the initial screen, and _before_ entering the language choice
present another screen, telling the user what is happening next, eg:

Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux 3.0/Woody. You have chosen to boot kernel xx, eg bf42.

The steps to follow next in the installation procedure are:
1) Choose Language
2) Choose Language Variant
3) Read Release notes
4) Enter Installation Main Menu

When you enter the Main menu, several choices will be presented, and a
default path for install will also be given. From there you will have
the choice to back out of the installation if needed.

If you feel unsure, need to get more information, make adjustments etc
before proceeding you now have the choice to back out by removing the
installation CD and press <RESET> or <CONTROL-ALT-DEL> now.  This is
also the way to go if you want to restart the installation using
another kernel.

For those of who are interested in the boot log you can do so by ...
(enter text here)

In my opinion this would help especially new Debian users to feel more
comfortable with what is going to happen during the install. (I know
that a graphical installer is in the works, but not until woody+1)

Best wishes,
Svante Signell