[dscpubl@siltec.lt: Woody problems]

----- Forwarded message from dscpubl@siltec.lt -----

Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:47:27 +0200
To: owner@bugs.debian.org
CC:
From: dscpubl@siltec.lt
Subject: Woody problems

Hi,  just a heads-up.

I went over through the links www.Debian.org/Release Info/Testing/Installation
manual ...
to get to Woody.  I downloaded the floppy disk set, and installed.
 Upon getting to the base installation, it loaded the floppies
fine, made a tarball out of them, validated the tarball, ...
and reported back with Error Return Code 1.  The base installation
had failed.

So I went and got the TARball itself from the German mirror,
 downloaded it,  went through the installation...  it validated
okay... started extracting, got to the end of extraction, and
then reported Error Return Code 1.

Each time, I had reinitialized my root partition.

I think that the current Woody release might be broken and uninstallable.

-----

----- End forwarded message -----

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.