Re: slang wierdness in woody install

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 17:27, Grant Edwards wrote:

> I can't believe I'm the first one to see this, but I couldn't
> find anything in the bugtracking syste or e-mail archives.
>
> When doing a Woody install from floppies, the borders on the
> newt dialog windows are broken.  They're either missing
> entirely (most of the installer) or garbage characters that
> cause layout errors (module loading sub-system).
>
> I've seen this on two systems so far.
>
> Myabe I've got broken floppies???

I don't think so.  I have the same using current images from testing.

I also noted that in the initial boot there were a whole lot of messages
about a missing modules dependencies file:

modprobe: modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.2.20/modules.dep

(This was on an old 486 - they go past so fast as to be almost
unnoticeable on a modern machine).

     "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his
      righteousness; and all these things shall be added
      unto you."     Matthew 6:33