Re: Small report (re: isolinux test image, debian-cd changes available)

> > I tested first the 24bf image. I was surprised to see it uses a
> > framebuffer... Now... This can be good, but I don't understand why it is
> > using it - The display is MUCH slower than using the regular interface,
> > and it is still curses-based. What did we gain from framebuffer?
>
> I guess, you never came in touch with using more than one charset, or
> using multi-byte charset, etc. etc.

Yup... I understood it a bit after sending the mail :)

> > Second - I am installing it using the Spanish interface. When I get to
> (...)
> Feel free to change this. I doubt that this will make the way into
> 3.0r0, but maybe into 3.0r1. Use CVS or get the es.po file from
> http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/utilities/dbootstrap/po/ , translate
> it, send patches.

Ok... Will do so, but a bit later :)

> > Fifth - Upon reboot, the kernel loaded correctly, but when the second
> > part of the installer should have appeared, I got:
> >
> > /usr/sbin/base-config: cat:: command not found
>
> IMHO Chris' fault. Use a netinst image, or make two floppies
> (rescue&root) for your flavor.

Ummm... I don't know if other people have experienced this, but -at least
for me- it looks as a critical bug! :(

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@campus.iztacala.unam.mx - (+52-55)5623-1118
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23