Re: parted.txt build problem

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 06:05:30PM -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> > > % make parted.txt
> > > ./man2text /archive/debian parted 8 parted > parted.txt
> > > ./man2text: /usr/lib/debootstrap/functions: No such file or directory
> > > No manual entry for parted
> > > W: parted(8) ASCII man page cannot be generated, stubbing
> > boot-floppies needs debootstrap to build.
> >

> > > Is it possible to just ship the right thing outright?
> > >
> > You mean keep a local copy of the man page?  I'd rather not.
> > Duplication like that can lead to excess work and/or out of date docs.
>
> I'm not saying it doesn't need debootstrap to build. My point is that this
> is an extra dependency just introduced in documentation/ and that I can't
> build the file normally for www.d.o without manual intervention.

There's nothing I can do about that.  You need to get that package
installed, or else grab the functions file and put it somewhere in
your home dir and reference that.

Either you want the ASCII version of the man pages in the
documentation, or you want us to remove the doc-build dependancy for
debootstrap -- pick one.