Re: 2.4 kernel as default boot kernel on CD #1 ??

Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 07:17:58AM -0800 wrote:
> Hi,
> - --
> Question:
> Would there be any objections to setting the default
> boot kernel on woody CD#1 to the bf2.4 flavor ???

Yes, the bf2.4 kernel is described in the woody release notes as "an
experimental flavor".  The default kernel for woody on i386 is 2.2.
Putting an experimental non-default kernel on the first CD is probably
not a good idea.

However, debian-boot doesn't decide what the default kernel is on
i386 (who does?).   If someone wants to revisit the question of what
the default kernel should be perhaps such a discussion is appropriate
on debian-devel.  In any case, I doubt such a change so close to
release is possible.