Unidentified subject!

Hello,

I'm attempting to install debian's linux distribution on my new computer and am having problems. I have a Toshiba Satellite 1905-S277 (laptop), Pentium 4, 1.60GHz, 265 MB, preinstalled with Windows XP. I have used Bootit NG to create a new partition on the hard drive by shrinking the original XP partition by half. I thought I was set to install, so I downloaded both the current stable and test versions from the linux web site (woody net-install version), but after a certain early point in the istallation the processes freezes for either version. Here are the last lines that I get before the freeze:

Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
md driver 0.36.6 MAX_MD_DEV = 4, MAX_REAL = 8

Is there any explanation for this? Have you heard of any similar problems? I have tried removing all of windows XP, partitioning the drive and runing the installation programs but the same error occurs. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Ivan.

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-boot-request@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org