Re: 3.0.21 bf2.4 report

Hi

> On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 17:56, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
>> Why do I select a region (e.g. "Deutsch (Schweiz)") here? Is it used
>> for later settings?
>
> Right now, it just affects the defaults you are offered for the keymap
> and ftp mirror (if you choose to install from the network).

Isn't the keyboard layout chosen as the very first step? Or is it affecting
choices after the base installation? I wonder, because, I for myself am swiss,
so I would choose the Deutsch (Schweiz) option. But I am having a german
keyboard layout (yes, a german, NOT a swiss german!!)! So, what to do in my case?

And to the ftp mirror: what to do if I am swiss, having a german keymap, and
am living in the us (well I'm not, but I could be)?? Just thinking.. ;)

Maybe it should be better documented which effects the choice of the region
will have on further installation.

>> Timezone should be defaulted by the language choice, if easily
>> possible.
>
> Please file a wishlist bug on base-config or whatever does the timezone
> configuration.

But the other timezones should definitely still be available, for the reasons
mentioned above.

--
Bye,
Andi