Re: boot-floppies Chinese translation is in bad shape

"sunhui" <sunhui@smartdot.com> writes:

> I am a Chinese and a new guy on Linux, but I would like to be
> involved in Open Source community. I found your message on web and
> am interested in it. I hope you can give me more detail information
> about it. So I can figure out what I can do for that.:p>

If you wish to provide a Chinese translation of the install manual we
would welcome it.  You would need to make the right decisions about
some issues (Mandarin?  Cantonese? which char encoding?).  You also
need to make sure debiandoc-sgml in woody supports the language and
char encoding you provided.

Assuming all those preliminaries are done or no problem, then the
thing to do is submit patches or files to this list with the
translation.  AFter a while, if you show that you know what you're
doing and you don't submit stuff which breaks the build, then we can
also give out direct CVS write permissions.

Thanks.