Re: bf2.4 iso image

Eduard,

This morning I burned a copy of .../cd-iso/bootbf2.4.iso dated 11-Mar.
The first thing I noticed, it didn't notice the hard drive. The /dev/cciss/* files were missing. After creating some of the /dev/cciss/c0d0* files in a shell, the installer still didn't see the drive. I was however manually able to run fdsisk /dev/cciss/c0d0 and partition the disk by hand in a shell.

I have been watching the CVS Master messages and it looked to me like all the required patches had been committed to fix this, however it looks like you might have a couple of older parts in the CD. The root.bin available at
http://people.debian.org/~blade/boot-floppies/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/bf2.4/
does have the /dev/cciss/* files on it and the dates on these .bin files is 11-Mar.

After lunch, I will whip up the floppies and try them if you don't update the .iso file by then. I will let you know how it works either way.

THANKS!
Loren

At 01:34 AM 03/12/2002 +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
#include <hallo.h>
Loren Jordan wrote on Mon Mar 11, 2002 um 01:15:04PM:

> anywhere.  It's not in http://people.debian.org/~blade anymore.

Visit .../boot-floppies/cd-iso/.

> I was going to test this on the "new problem" Compaq server and report back
> how things worked.  I will just make the floppies however, the CD image is
> preferable...

Please do. I would also like to see success/problem reports from
ATA-RAID users.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
We just typed make...
(Stephen Lambrigh, Director of Server Product Marketing at Informix