Re: Changing the file linux to linux.bin

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 03:00:36PM +0000, Richard Hirst wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:45:31PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > I've attached a patch for changing the 'linux' file throughout
> > boot-floppies to 'linux.bin', per James Treacy's request a couple of
> > weeks ago. This is a global change, including scripts, docs, and
> > messages.
>
> -    mv $release/bvme6000/linux                   $release/bvme6000/linuxbvme6000
> +    mv $release/bvme6000/linux.bin                   $release/bvme6000/linuxbvme6000
>
> This will leave a kernel without a .bin extension in the disk-<arch> tree.
> Of course, if you change that, you'll need to fix up tftplilo.{conf,txt} as
> well, probably.

I was thinking that was something special, but you're right; it should have
.bin added, too.

> -       -c "0/linux HOME=/ root=/dev/ram initrd=0/ramdisk"
> +       -c "0mnt/linux.bin HOME=/ root=/dev/ram initrd=0/ramdisk"
>
> Don't know if you intended to add that 'mnt' there, but in any case, the
> first parameter in that string should remain "0/linux" regardless of
> what the actual kernel is called.

mnt/ was a glitch, I found it after I sent out the patch. But I didn't think
about this being one of the boot comand instances rather than a file instance.
I'll fix it.

> -etc/terminfo/l/linux
> +etc/terminfo/l/linux.bin
>
> I assume that is a mistake, termtype hasn't changed to linux.bin

Ah hah.

> Note, I've only had a quick scan of your patch, I havn't tried to build
> with it applied.

Thanks for scanning, I'll resubmit a corrected patch to the list.