Re: Checking successful downloads broken

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 07:38:10PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> During the download of the Packages.gz file, pkgdetails is run for each package.
> This can take quite a while on a slow machine, and should also report progress.
> One user reported 8 minutes.
>
> I believe this might handle it; but I'm really new at this stuff, please check
> and correct:

Well, the right fix is to rewrite pkgdetails so it doesn't need to be
run once for each package. I've actually half done this, but, oddly
other things have distracted me.

"Getting Package Details" or something might be a better description.

Cheers,
aj

We came. We Saw. We Conferenced. http://linux.conf.au/

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey