Unexpected console switch of the installation screen

Hi

I've encountered some interesting behaviour of the debian installation system
during a woody installation on an Amiga4000 APUS box (architecture: powerpc,
flavor: apus), using kernel 2.4.17 and boot-floppies 3.0.19.

The case why I've encountered this at all, was, that selecting "Initialize a Linux
Partition" caused the installation system to restart, but I was told that this is an
APUS kernel specific thing. But the following shouldn't be kernel specific, and it
was also not known if this behaviour is erratic or if it is the expected
behaviour of the system, so I was told to post this to this list.

So here we go. When the installer restarts, it always starts in the current console
the user is in. For example, when I change to console 3 shortly after selecting the
ominous "Initialize a Linux Partition" menu point, it will start in console 3 (quite
practical to see the kernel output on console, I am using -v ;) ).
Otherwise, if I change to console 2 and the installer systems starts there,
this is quite a bad idea, because on console 2 no keyboard entry can be done
anymore (console 2 is the one in which a shell could be started by pressing enter
during the installation).

So, what do you think? Is this unexpected, or is it just the way it should be?
With other words, should I file a bug against the boot-floppies, or is it just
the way it should work and used for debugging?

Kind regards,
Andi