Re: Is termwrap working as expected?

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> cum veritate scripsit:

> [Philip Blundell]
> > Or perhaps it should be in a separate program that is invoked before
> > termwrap during the initial boot.  (I.e. put it in
> > boot-floppies/scripts/rootdisk somewhere and add it to
> > inittab.install.)
>
> The problem is that base-config must know if LANG uses a valid locale,
> and if the current terminal can use it.  If any of this is false, it
> must unset LANG (and LANGUAGE) to avoid printing garbage during
> install.

Why is base-config so special that it needs to care that much
about users setting invalid locales ?

Also, I am feeling more alarmed about trying to get this included
into woody. We are too late for this, IMHO.

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4