Re: Problems with installing debian with bf2.4 boot disks and images.

#include <hallo.h>
James Courtier-Dutton wrote on Sat Feb 23, 2002 um 08:37:52PM:

> loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin disksize=1.44 flavor=bf2.4
>
> It fails with the message "linux, invalid compressed format (err=1)"
>
> This leads me to think that the "linux" image is corrupted.

No, loadlin is broken and fails on loading kernel 2.4 in some
environments.

> Can anybody help ?

Maybe the loadlin author, but I could not contact him. Emails are
bounced.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.
                                              - Some guy