Re: Why does dbootstrap not make a core file?

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 06:39:35PM -0700, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> So, that leaves me ready to ftp in a copy of the base system .tgz
> file. Has anyone built such a thing for woody? I couldn't find one.
> Alternately, (or in addition) if anyone has built a version of
> dbootstrap with debug symbols I'll try it out.

Hmmm. I don't know why you couldn't have used wget, on the installer
disk to get that. IWFM.

Anyway, basedebs.tar is installed in the archive now at
disks-{arch}/base-images-current. That's been documented also,
although maybe it hasn't been released yet.

When I did an install with it last night, it was missing pppoeconf, so
I had to use wget to retrieve that separately. (I wrote a bug on
debootstrap).

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |