Re: e2fsprogs 1.26

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 05:41:11PM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:07:43AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:39:25AM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > > e2fsprogs 1.26 is out, including fixes for one but tagged important,
> > > ext3-related fixes, reiserfs support in fsck, and more complete
> > > support for filesystems in >2GB files.
> > >
> > > I suppose it is too late to get this one in base, so I can package it
> > > in an e2fsprogs-1.26 package if needed.  However, it would probably be
> > > better if it could go in base...  What do boot-floppies and release
> > > manager think ?
> >
> > Am I correct in thinking that e2fsprogs doesn't provide any shared
> > libraries
>
> wrong - packages depending on the libs, from memory: dump, mc, some
> undeletion progs, maybe other things.
>
> > Assuming that's the case...
>
> So I suppose it won't be OK, then...  better provide an alternative
> package ?

Better to not provide an alternative. It would be useless. Fsck is run
from automated scripts, so no-one would get the fixes without a lot of
mucking around.

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '