Re: WTF is with dhcp?

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:57:18 +0100 (CET)
"Jerome Petazzoni" <skaya@enix.org> wrote:

> [talking about dhcp server packages...]
> > Now, I would have liked to upload my experimental packages for the
3.x> > series a long time ago (October 5, 2001 that was when DHCP ISC
3.0 was> > released.) The problem is that the boot floppies are using
the DHCP> > client from the 2.x series. The client in the 3.x series is
too big> > to be handled now by the boot floppies so when I mentioned
that I was> > ready to upload to unstable my 3.x packages I was told to
wait: >
> why not use udhcpc in the boot floppies ? it's really small.
> there was a few mails about that in september, 2001 ; and I
> can't remember major objections, except lack of testing for
> compatibility with misc. dhcp servers. if nobody wants/has
> the time to integrate udhcpc in boot floppies, well, I might
> just as well volunteer (but I am currently totally ignorant
> of the internal of boot floppies).

Ive been using udhcpc for a few months and havent had any problems, it
is getting late to be changeing things around though.

Glenn