Re: One should be patient with root.bin and modules.dep

Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net> writes:

> Suppose those lines will be used and it works, won't the result be that
> from a user point of view the machine will be seemingly doing nothing
> for some time?

I don't understand the delay you're reporting.  We're just talking
about eliminating some klogd spam that happens just before you see
the "welcome" screen.  If you have a delay, that's another problem
entirely, that's all.

> As it was without this patch it took some time for my 486 to continue
> with the installation. Although it was not a very long time it was
> still somewhat significant. I do believe that some people would have
> thought that something goes wrong and boot the machine.

Again, I don't know what the cause of this delay is.  I'd have to
research it more.  It's unlikely to be solved by Erik's patch.