From: andrelop@utah.com.br
To: Claus Hindsgaul <claus_h@image.dk>
Subject: Re: Translation revision tracking

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 02:57:54PM +0100, Claus Hindsgaul wrote:
> Hi André

Hi Claus,

> I noticed your submision of an updated Portuguese welcome.sgml.

Yes, I'd like to thank you for your prompt commit also.

> Allow me to suggest using the revision tracking system provided by the
> doc-check script. It can help you tracking the changes in the original
> English version since your last update. All you have to do is to keep a
> comment in the top of your file in the format:
>
> <!-- original version: 1.31 -->

Hmmm, *very* interesting. Shall I include this commentin the first line of
translated file ? Does this matter which line number I use to keep the
comment ?

Also, and most important, shall I use the version number of the original
english version in the comment or the translated file version number ?

> Then a single command will show you a diff of the English changes in the CVS
> since your last Portuguese update:
>
> ./doc-check -d pt
>
> Very, very useful.
>
> Merry X!