Re: Fwd: Re: potato installs and the aftermath

brian r <randomaccess@canada-11.com> writes:

> Yes, I am familiar with tasksel and I admit I may have done
> something wrong to cause it to skip that step, however I can't
> recall any odd actions on my part.  I really like Debian over RH
> however it is certainly not for newbies on their own--but maybe that
> is not the intended audience.

Well, remember that Debian is voluteer.  There is no "intended
audience" or "market segmentation" going on.  The hackers work on what
they feel like working on.  For hackers and by hackers, really.  I try
to do my best to make the install as newbie friendly as possible
but...