Re: [patch] Updated brazilian portuguese (pt_BR) dbootstrap's pt.po

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 01:21:37AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> No, it's much worse now:

Hmm, it's becoming a nightmare :-)

[...]

> > I got an error message while trying to do a cvs update the last time. The
> > error was about merge problems between some versions (I can't remeber the
> > exact error message right now).
>
> Paste it here.

I can't see this message anymore and I didn't copied it somewhere alse
before. Sorry.

> That's nice, but you giving me a patch against an old version of pt.po.
>
> You need to do this:
>
>  mv pt.po my_new_pt.po
>  cvs -q up -A pt.po
>
> Next, you can either move back 'my_new_pt.po' or else manually patch
> your changes back.  If you do the former, you'll probably need to run
> 'make update-pt' to make sure that the source indicators in pt.po are
> up-to-date.

Ok, I rm -rf'd my whole boot-floppies copy from CVS. I'm right now just
finishing to checkout a fresh CVS copy of it. Ops. It's finished :-)

Ok, here's what I'll do :

1) I'll copy the original pt.po from CVS (without
any modification) to pt.po.cvs and use make update-pt to let the
original pt.po is up-to-date.

2) I'll work and modify the necessary translations in the pt.po file
(which was updated by make update-po). When finished, I'll generate a
patch using : diff -u pt.po.cvs pt.po . Remember, pt.po.cvs is the
original CVS copy without any modifications and also the copy which
wasn't affected by the make update-po.

3) I'll send the generated patch to you in a gzipped format.

Are these steps correct ?

If needed, I could just do a make update-po against the original file
from CVS, modify the necessary translations and send you the whole file
which you could commit as a replacement for the original CVS one. What
do you think about that ?

--
André Luís Lopes
Utah Linuxcenter