Re: reiserfs notes

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> writes:

> i am doing this mostly for documentation. i should probably file
> bugreports,
>
> all issues listed affect the reiserfs flavour:
>
> 1) no mkfs.reiserfs in the root.bin
>    unable to create a reiserfs partition (this is very defeatest of the
>    whole flavour)
>    (could be an artifact of my abreiviated build process)

scripts/rootdisk/SMALL_BASE_LIST_i386_reiserfs lists 'sbin/mkreiserfs'.
Isn't that the right thing?  If not, please check in a fix.

> 2) Install Kernel and Driver Modules ->
>     harddisk   : partition on the hard disk ->
>      /dev/hda6: Linux native (happens to be reiserfs) ->
>       Mount Failed (The partition was not mounted successfully.)
>
>    i assume it tried to mount as ext2, because when i drop to a shell, i
>    am able to mount it succesfully:
>    # mount /dev/hda6 /mnt
>
>    will probably have to try this again, on a ``real'' console to find
>    the problem, serial console's error reporting is a bit sparse.

I would suggest booting with 'debug' option, trying the actual 'mount'
arguments as reported in the system log when you use debug.

> 3) ftp.us.debian.org seems to be out of date, the modules installed were
>    2.2.19-reiserfs

Huh, that's wierd.  Seems like a build problem -- try 'make distclean'
before building.